How to stop overeating
Most people have been told to eat everything on their plate since they were little and now follow that pattern but how would they break this bad habit?
Are you ready to break the habit of over eating? Many people suffer from mindless eating from childhood and as an result gain unwanted weight. If you want to live a healthy lifestyle, you have to find the balance between eating when you are hungry and stopping when you are satisfied.
The following are some of the necessary tips you can adopt to stop yourself from eating too much;
- The first step you should take is to drink more water. Drinking a full glass of water or two before eating each meal will help you stop over eating. You should drink 8-12 glasses of water throughout the day. This step alone can actually lead to weight loss.
- Another way to stop over eating is to eat your foods more slowly. Many people gulp food as fast as they can when they are hungry. They are not giving their brain enough time to realize their hunger has been satisfied and as an result, they over eat. It takes your brain several minutes to realize your hunger has been satisfied. Eating more slowly will help you stop overeating.
- You don’t have to eat everything on your plate. If you do then it is best to cut your own (small) portions. If you are eating out then take something home with you or share a plate with a friend.
- Try to think about what you are eating. Thoughtless eating means we are putting things into our body often without knowing what they contain. Having an occasional treat of salt or sugar laden foods is acceptable. Once you are aware of the ingredients and the harm they are capable of doing to you, you might think twice about binging.
- Many people often eat simply because they are bored. If hunger strikes, wait several minutes and find something to occupy your time. If your hunger is still there, you should eat something. If your hunger subsides, it was just because you were bored.
- If you think you are about to break down if you do not eat something, try eating something healthy like an apple instead. Apples have been known to produce negative calories. This simple means your body burns more calories in the act of digesting the apple than the actual calories of the apple. Do not resort to ice creams or junk food. Just eat something healthy that will fill you up.
- Don’t starve yourself either as your body cannot tolerate long bouts of hunger. After a period your body will be screaming for anything you can give it. Instead of starving cut your portions smaller and if you can’t do this then lean towards foods that are rich in low glycemic nutrients such as stone-crushed, whole-wheat bread.
Another important way you can overcome overeating is?
- Self hypnosis for overeating
Overeating is eating even when not hungry and not being able to stop. Most people don’t even know they are doing it until they become fat and bloated as a result. Many people overeat for various reasons yet the end results are the same. Health conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, stomach disorders, skin disorders and psychological disorders can all be attributed to overeating and weight gain. It is unhealthy to overeat.
Overcoming overeating is very important because you can’t start losing weight until it is under control. Fat burning exercises and fast fat burning foods have no effect if a person is on a permanent eating binge. As stated above, serious health problems can develop. So it is in your best interest if you have a food binging problem to tackle it yourself or seek help for overeating and get it under control.